Ampeleia is born from the synergistic blend of different grape varieties sourced in vineyards found on the hillsides dominated by the town of Roccatederighi, in the heart of Maremma.
It embodies this land from the chestnut woods on higher ground, through the Mediterranean scrubland, to the lower fields with cork-oak woods. Six grape varieties are blended in this wine aspiring to represent the Mediterranean tradition of cultivating diversity.
- Designation: IGT Costa Toscana
- Grape Varieties: mainly Cabernet Franc, the rest is Sangiovese and four other varieties native to the Mediterranean Basin
- Altitude: from 200 to 600 m above sea level
- Harvest period: from the 10th of September to the 5th of October
- Yield/ha: 35 – 40 hl/ha
- Ageing: 16 months in wood/cement tanks followed by 12 months of bottle-ageing