An old Merlot vineyard in Ampeleia di Sopra. Our surprise, right from the very first vintages, of the wine’s unique and extraordinary qualities, of its exceptional depth of expression. Instantly, we developed a special fondness for the wine born in this small cru; the sensations were at once thrilling and engaging, a true enthusiasm.
Starting from the 2004 vintage, we decided to bottle this single-vineyard varietal wine and to monitor its evolution with time and its ageing potential; in the vintages following 2004, the vineyard has increasingly proven its great character and rooted identity. Finally today, we are pleased to be able to share this true emotion with the members of “Amici di Ampeleia”.
- Designation: IGT Maremma Toscana
- Grape Varieties: Merlot 100%
- Altitude: 500 metres above sea level
- Harvest period: from the 10th September to the 15th of October
- Yield/ha: 50 hl/ha
- Ageing: 20 months in oak barriques followed by 24 months of bottle-ageing