Campo al Finocchio and the Carignano vineyard
(plot n° 202 of cadastral sheet 123 - Sassofortino)
With the 2015 harvest, we’ve started to feel a different vitality in this vineyard. Protected by oaks and the Mediterranean brush, it almost seemed as if it had been timidly hiding, waiting to be heard.
It is through its expressiveness that we can access the taste of the gray clay and marl that characterizes this land.
Just like this Ampeleia’s Carignano presents himself in his purity from the Campo al Finocchio vinyard, gently facing the coast from a distance.
- Designation: IGT Costa Toscana Carignano
- Grape variety: Carignano 100%
- Altitude: 250 m above sea level
- Harvest period: 3rd week of September
- Yeld/ha: 50 hl/ha
- Ageing: 8 months in cement tanks