Ampeleia is born from different vineyards found on the hillsides dominated by the town of Roccatederighi, in the heart of Maremma.
It embodies this land from the chestnut woods on higher ground, through the Mediterranean scrubland, to the lower fields with cork-oak woods.
Ampeleia is the wine we started with, and traces the evolution of the winery.
- Designation: IGT Costa Toscana
- Grape Varieties: mostly Cabernet Franc, with a small amount of Sangiovese
- Altitude: from 200 to 600 m above sea level
- Harvest period: from the 10th of September to the 5th of October
- Yield/ha: 35 – 40 hl/ha
- Ageing: 12 months in wooden barrels and cement tanks