Our experience and observation of our land over the years have brought us to a better understanding of each vineyard's potential. For this reason we decided to embark on a "single-plot" journey in order to give voice to our most representative vineyards.
This journey is the 'Monovarietali' project which nowadays is made up of three different wines: Alicante, Carignano & Cabernet Franc, which all are the result of our stronger knowledge of the land and evolution of our ideas.
For this Alicante, grapes are sourced in plot n° 148 of cadastral sheet 153 called "Vigna della Pieve". Here the soil is rich in sand with a great amount of pebbles, ideal for the Alicante Nero – a common Mediterranean variety also known as Grenache in France, Cannonau in the neighbouring island of Sardinia and Garnacha in Spain.
- Appellation: IGT Costa Toscana Alicante
- Grape variety: 100% Alicante Nero
- Elevation: 250 m above sea level
- Harvest period: 1st week of September
- Yeld/ha: 50 hl/ha
- Ageing: 6 months in concrete tanks
- Vinification notes: 30% whole-bunch