Our experience and the observation of our land over the years have brought us to a better understanding of each vineyard's potential expression, leading us to produce wines sourced from a single plot.
With this Alicante wine we are thus embarking on a new journey for Ampeleia: the 'Monovarietali' project that will include varietal wines representing the fruit of our deeper knowledge and of the evolution of our ideas.
The grapes are sourced in plot n° 148 of cadastral sheet 153 called "Vigna della Pieve", with sandy soils rich in pebbles, where Alicante Nero vines grow – a common Mediterranean variety also known as Grenache in France, Cannonau in the neighbouring island of Sardinia and as Garnacha in Spain.
- Designation: IGT Costa Toscana Alicante Nero
- Grape variety: Alicante Nero 100%
- Altitude: 250 m above sea level
- Harvest period: 1st week of September
- Yeld/ha: 50 hl/ha
- Ageing: 6 months in cement tanks