"Vigna dell'Asina" vineyard
(plot n° 348 of cadastral sheet n° 71)
Here the soil is rich in clay schist and palombini limestone. The wind that blows in from the areas further inland generates great temperature swings and marks this special microclimate.
This grape variety was planted on the estate by the first owners of the winery intending to produce a wine to be enjoyed with the delicious pigeons that they were breeding at the property.
- Appellation: IGT Costa Toscana Cabernet Franc
- Grape variety: Cabernet Franc 100%
- Elevation: 500 m above sea level
- Harvest period: 1st week of October
- Yield/ha: 30 hl/ha
- Ageing: 8 months in concrete tanks
- Vinification notes: 20% whole-bunch