Campo al Finocchio vineyard
(plot n° 202 of cadastral sheet 123 - Sassofortino)
With the 2015 harvest, we started to feel a different vitality in this vineyard. Protected by oaks and surrounded by wild fennel, it was timidly hiding waiting to be heard.
It is through its expressive character that we can understand the gray clay and the marl that characterize this land.
Our Ampeleia’s Carignano presents itself in its purity from the Campo al Finocchio (fennel field) vineyard, gently facing the coast from a distance.
- Appellation: IGT Costa Toscana Rosso
- Grape variety: Carignano 100%
- Elevation 250 m above sea level
- Harvest period: 3rd week of September
- Yield/ha: 50 hl/ha
- Ageing: 8 months in concrete tanks
- Vinification notes: 20% whole-bunch